With the Leissner Billing system customers can manage pricing and preparation of billing data for telephony and communications services.
Billing system handles billing (the ledger) of voice traffic, charges, and nonrecurring charges and special charges. The system also includes a customer database and a service and contract management module.
The system is web-based. All database modules are based on standard relational database. Leissner Billing can be installed on virtual server with Linux.
The Leissner Billing system has its own internal customer database. The system’s customer base supports grouping of the major customers and clients on several levels. Customers on a lower level can be assigned its own billing address or can be billed through the main customer / overhead customer level.
A customer in the system is linked to a number of different services through contracts.
Service and contract management
The billing system has a simple and flexible functionality for definition of the different services and contracts. Services can be named freely and assigned various billing related features such as default rates, billing intervals and so on.
Links between services and clients is done via contracts. An agreement is always assigned a unique ID and specifies the contracted terms and billing interval. In the agreement it is also possible to register the customer specific rates, discount rates, etc.
Price lists and pricing/rating
The system can handle an unlimited number of price lists and types of rates – one-time fees, periodic fees and user charges. It is also easy to manually add the special invoice nonrecurring items related to project or similar. There are functions for managing master price lists and price lists, where the price lists inherit rates from the overlying level, unless something else is indicated (only deviations need to be specified). Different types of destinations and modes can be further grouped and assigned to uniform prices. The system can also handle different types of discount pricing. Discount rings can be based on individual client / customer groups, time periods / intervals, modes, individual destinations or groups of destinations, and they can be stated as a percentage of the regular price or fixed numbers. Different discount rings can be combined freely.
Pricing of telephone calls can be made at three levels: The operator’s cost of the call (a price), retail price (if any who own rates) and the retail price (price list per customer, special prices). It is thus possible to monitor in real time viability and margins of the individual calls.
Invoicing and sales ledger
The Leissner billing system generates files for invoice mailing via printhouse. Local printing of invoices is also supported if desired.
The system is further support for the ledger via loading of payments. Leissner can either download and read the files directly via ftp, or provide the customer these files. Adjustment for the pay files from each country could be needed. If the ledger is in the billing system, the system can warn if credit limits are exceeded, and in the end block / turn off service for non-paying customers.
There are a number of standard reports provided through the system, i.e. for the monitoring of volumes, traffic patterns and profitability. It is also possible to tailor the individual or periodic reports if needed. The following report pages are provided as standard:
- Warnings/Blocks – Listing of customers with who exceeded the credit limit and/or are late with the payments. Automatic blocking of customers/services.
- Call/Country – Listing of call volumes per individual international destination, as of any period.
- Call/product – Listing of call volumes per type of call, or type of product (usually national fixed/ mobile/international). Any period of time.
- Call/destination – Listing of call volumes per single destination, and client / customer type, over any time period.
- Call/seller – Listing of call volumes per customer contracts belonging to a particular vendor/dealer.
- Call/customer – Detailed information about call volumes per individual customer and the selected time period.
- Customers not invoiced – Not invoiced customers and earned value.
- Pre-Swallow – Statistics on the number of pre-selection customers (through Telia’s system for handling default, “The Swallow”).
- Number of ANR per Area code – Number of implemented phone number per area code.
- Billed by product – Sales volumes by product and the selected time period.
- New/Redundant agreement – Number of new and canceled customer contracts for the selected period.
- Number of active contracts – Number of active contracts, total and per service.
- Scheduling – Lists made accruals of the invoiced amount at a specified time
- Annual value – Calculates the total annual value (m12) for all contracts per month / date.
- Annual value, Amortization of contract – Calculates the total accrued annual value (m12) for all contracts per month / date.
Administration of customers, services and price lists via the web interface. In addition to this computer-computer interface:
- SOAP interface to query the billing and amendment of certain information.
Billing system supports multiple permission levels. All activities engaged in the system are logged continuously and extensively in user mode.
The system is flexible and can be customized for different customer needs. The system can be anything from a simple rating engine for the pricing of phone calls, to a complete billing system that manages the entire process from the new customer billing including ledgers. An intermediate level is that the system recognizes customers for example, we SOAP. The system prices calls and creates a form of invoices sent to the accounting system for billing.