Plextone® OCS is an essential component a mobile operator or an MVNO needs to provide mobile services with real-time billing.
Each service can be charged according to a price plan or consumed per unit from a volume. Subscribers, price plans and buckets are provisioned via a web service.
Plextone® OCS is designed to be installed on virtual servers with Linux operating system.
Plextone® OCS is flexible and can be customized for different telecom operator’s needs. The Plextone® OCS system consists of three nodes: Plextone® CCA, Plextone® gsmSCF and Plextone® Diameter Server.
Plextone® CCA handles real-time billing:
- Supports SOAP for provisioning.
- Supports advanced price plans.
- Credit limit.
- Volume limit per service.
- Roaming credit limit to avoid bill shock.
- Zone pricing.
- Currency transparent.
- Price plans can be configured per MSISDN.
- Configurable triggers for low volume notifications to a web service or Plextone SMSgateway.
Plextone gsmSCF handles the communication with the MSC for the services originating voice, terminating
voice and originating SMS.
- Supports M3UA.
- Supports CAPv1 and CAPv2 for MO-Voice and MT-Voice.
- Supports CAPv3 for MO-SMS.
- Multiple Plextone CCAs can be used with different service keys.
Plextone Diameter Server
Plextone Diameter Server handles the communication with the GGSN/PGW for the data service.
- Supports DCCA.
A SMSC or MMSC can use Plextone OCS for online charging of originating SMS or MMS.