Plextone SMSC is a flexible product that fulfills all messaging needs of a mobile operator.
Plextone SMSC technical specification
- Can be deployed on most GNU/Linux distributions. Debian is preferred.
- Can be installed on a virtual server.
- Supports the SS7 interfaces MAPv1, MAPv2 and MAPv3 for MO- and MT-SMS
- Supports the IP interface SMPP v3.4
- A rate limit (SMS per second) can be configured for each SMPP connection.
- Different global titles can be used when sending MT-SMS.
- MT-SMS can be routed either via SS7 or SMPP.
- Different retry schedules can be configured when delivering MT-SMS depending on MAP error cause.
- Can be used together with Plextone HLR to receive MT-SMS.
- Incoming MT-SMS can be routed to IP or trigger a script handling the message.
- Two CDR:s are created for every SMS. One when the SMS is received and one when the SMS is delivered.
- Prepaid is supported together with Plextone Cost Control Application Server.
|Services||Mobile Originated and Mobile Terminated SMS|
|Outgoing MT-SMS can be routed via SS7 or SMPP|
|Incoming MT-SMS can be routed to IP or trigger scripted functions|
|Support for prepaid customers (requires Plextone Cost Control Application Server)|
|CDR generation on reception and delivery of SMS|
|Signaling & Protocols||SS7 interfaces MAPv1, MAPv2 and MAPv3|
|Can use multiple global titles when sending MT-SMS|
|Flexible retry-schedules to provide optimum message delivery|
|Security||Validation of mobile user subscription and account balance|
|SMPP username/password authentication|
|SMPP rate limiting for each connection|
|Capacity||Hundreds of sms/second|
|100 000+ users|